Prof. Alexander Goldenshluger
D.Sc. Technion, 1996
Rabin building, Room: 8071
Alexander Goldenshluger received D.Sc. degree in Operations Research from Technion-Israel Institute of Technology in 1996, and joined faculty of the Department of Statistics at University of Haifa in 1997. He served as an Associate Editor of Electronic Journal of Statistics (2010-2013), Associate Editor and Area Editor of Bernoulli (2013-2021). He is currently an Associate Editor of Annals of Statistics (2022-). His research has been supported by various funding agencies including the Israel Science Foundation (ISF), the German-Israeli Foundation (GIF) and the Binational US-Israel foundation (BSF). In 2014 Alexander Goldenshluger was elected Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS).
Nonparametric statistical inference, adaptive estimation, model/estimator selection, inverse problems, stochastic optimization, machine learning.
- A. Goldenshluger and A. Nemirovski (1997). On spatially adaptive estimation of nonparametric regression. Math. Methods of Statist. 6, 135-170.
- A. Goldenshluger and A. Tsybakov (2001). Adaptive prediction and estimation in linear regression with infinitely many parameters. Ann. Statist. 29, 1601-1619.
- A. Goldenshluger and A. Zeevi (2004). The Hough transform estimator. Ann. Statist. 32, 1908-1932.
- A. Goldenshluger, A.Tsybakov and A. Zeevi (2006). Optimal change-point estimation from indirect observations. Ann. Statist. 34, 350-372
- A. Goldenshluger (2009). A universal procedure for aggregating estimators. Ann. Statist. 37, 542-568.
- A. Goldenshluger and A. Zeevi (2009). Woodroofe’s one-armed bandit problem revisited. Ann. Appl. Probab. 19, 1603-1633.
- A. Goldenshluger and O. Lepski. (2011). Bandwidth selection in kernel density estimation: oracle inequalities and adaptive minimax optimality. Ann. Statist. 39, 1608-1632.
- A. Goldenshluger and O. Lepski. (2014). On adaptive minimax density estimation on Rd. Probab. Theory and Related Fields 159, 479-543.
- A. Goldenshluger, A. Juditsky and A. Nemirovski (2015). Hypotheses testing by convex optimization. With discussion and rejoinder. Electron. J. Statist. 9, 1645-1712.
- Goldenshluger, A. (2018). The M/G/∝ estimation problem revisited. Bernoulli 24, 2531-2568.
- Belomestny, D. and Goldenshluger, A. (2021). Density deconvolution under general assumptions on the distribution of measurement errors. Ann. Statist. 49, 615-649.
- Goldenshluger, A. and Zeevi, A. (2022). Optimal stopping of a random sequence with unknown distribution. Math. Oper. Res. 47, 29-49.
- Goldenshluger, A. and Jacobovic, R. (2023+). Smoluchowski processes and nonparametric estimation of functonals of particle displacement distributions from count data. Ann. Appl. Probab., in press.