Ph.D., University of Haifa, 2011
Rabin building, Room: 8057
Itai Dattner is on the faculty of the Department of Statistics at the University of Haifa since 2013. He received his Ph.D and M.A. degrees in Statistics from University of Haifa in 2011 and 2007 respectively. He was a post-doctoral researcher at EURANDOM, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands, where he was involved in joint research project with Philips Research Eindhoven, Department of Molecular Diagnostics. While doing the PhD, he served as Data Manager and Biostatistician in the EGeR Clinical Trial. Itai Dattner’s research is supported by the German-Israeli Foundation (The GIF Young Scientists’ Program), and the Israeli Science Foundation (ISF). Itai Dattner serves as the Israeli representative for the Executive Committee of the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR) of the of the International Biometrics Society (IBS). He is doing consulting work in a variety of fields such as digital advertising, mobile networks, finance and big data companies.
- Developing statistical learning (inference and prediction) methodology for dynamic systems (applied to infectious diseases; system biology; clinical decision support)
- Application of data mining and statistical/machine learning algorithms to spatio temporal data (GIS), mobile networks, digital advertising, and other domains of big data
- Nonparametric statistics and deconvolution problems
- Receiver Operating Characteristic (ROC) curve methodology in measurement error models
- Dattner, I., Reiß, M., & Trabs, M. (2016). Adaptive quantile estimation in deconvolution with unknown error distribution. Bernoulli 22, 143-192.
- Dattner, I. (2015). A model based initial guess for estimating parameters in systems of ordinary differential equations. Biometrics 71, 1176-1184.
- Dattner, I. & Klaassen, C. (2015). Optimal rate of direct estimators in systems of ordinary differential equations linear in functions of the parameters. Electronic Journal of Statistics 9, 1939-1973.
- Dattner, I, Goldenshluger, A., & Juditsky, A. (2011). On deconvolution of distribution functions. Annals of Statistics 39, 2477-2501.